2018 Skyward Keystone State User Group Call for Presenters
Be a presenter and receive FREE conference registration!
Deadline for submission is November 30, 2017. Late proposals will not be accepted.
You are invited to submit proposals for educational sessions for the 2018 Keystone State Skyward User Group Conference to be held at the Holiday Inn Hershey-Grantville from on April 18th, 2018 and April 19th, 2018. Presentations will be offered as 50-minute concurrent educational sessions presented by one or two participants in a lecture-style format. About three-quarters of the allotted time will be for the presentation, and the remaining quarter for questions and answers. A variety of supporting media such as PowerPoint/Prezi presentations and/or handouts with key information is required.
Appearing before decision-makers in school business and operations is an honor. In addition to enhancing their professional stature, presenters also gain recognition and credibility as an expert in their field, and have face-to-face access to attendees. Persons selected to present, serve on a contributing basis and agree to the following guidelines:
- Breakout presenters are responsible for all arrangements and expenses necessary for participation.
- Presenters must be registered for the conference, and will not have to pay the registration fee (may only be applied to one presenter).
- Presenters will provide handout materials to support their presentations.
- All presenters are expected to adhere to copyright laws.
- Presenters will provide the Skyward Pennsylvania User Group with a copy of their PowerPoint/Prezi presentation no later than April 9, 2018.
- All presenters must have some form of handout for attendees if not providing a PowerPoint/Prezi presentation.
- Presenters must bring their own computers and adapters for their presentation.
- Presenters agree to give Skyward permission to reproduce and distribute all presentation materials and audio/video record and distribute recordings of their presentation. Presenters agree to waive all claims to any royalties in conjunction with sales of the recordings. This does not in any way limit the presenter’s right to have the materials published or presented in other forms.
Selection Process Beginning in December, User Group committee members will evaluate the proposed presentations on the basis of appropriateness and significance of the topic as well as indications that the presentation will be organized and well-prepared. Other factors affecting proposal selection include:
- Relevance to school administration and management
- Well-defined focus
- Practical applications of the material
- Timeliness of the topic
- Presentation quality
Submitting a Proposal
- Please complete the online presentation proposal form.
- If submitting more than one proposal, each must be submitted on a separate form.
- Do not submit videos, PowerPoint/Prezi presentations, or other materials at this time. The Keystone State User Group will notify you by December 18, 2017 regarding the status of your presentation proposal.